Challenging Contemporary Home
Location: West Yorkshire
- Construction of a contemporary house on the land of a former quarry.
- Prior to foundation works, the quarry had to be drained and extensive ground investigations carried out. A drainage system designed to prevent further flooding was fitted by our in-house groundworks team.
- Part of the lower floor was designed under-ground, requiring our teams to excavate the ground, create a stable base with drainage, build retaining walls and apply a waterproof tanking system.
- A steel structure produced off-site to support the building was erected using a crane while our skilled tradesmen secured the fittings in place.
- Timber frame infill panels were placed within the steel structure to support the ecological standards of the building, while the façade was made from local stone and charred larch timber cladding.
- Having an extensive flat roof, we used a specialist to design and manufacture the roof, using Repoma liquid waterproofing membrane applied by our team to ensure the building was watertight.