Fire Damage Restoration
Client: Boultons Location: Huddersfield
After successfully winning the tender for this fire damaged Terraced Property in Huddersfield the first action for Walker Group was to make secure and clear the house ready for restoration work after fire had ripped through the home.
The main scope of works was to make safe and restore the house into a live-able home.
We were appointed by the insurance company to carry out the works on behalf of the owner and on a like for like basis. No modifications or improvements could be made without prior agreement.
As the second floor, front elevation and living room were little affected by the fire our instructions were to clean down the walls and ceilings re-decorate where necessary with matching materials, replace the UPVC door and window, carry out safety checks and lay new carpet.
Most of the project focused on the badly damaged rear of the home where Walker Group were asked to carry out repairs that maintained the safety of the property.
- Replacing Damaged Guttering
- Taking Down and Re-Building to Current Specification Fire Stained Stonewall
- Replacing Heat Damaged Stone Sill
- Removing and Replacing Two Rows of Roof Tiles to Allow Inspection Of Roof Timbers
- Replacing Roof Structure to Timber Porch
In addition to the safety of the building being restored full renovation to the rooms to the back of the building were carried out including:
- Stripping Walls and Ceilings
- Replacement Woodwork: Window Frames, Doors, Skirting Boards Etc.
- Supply and Fit New Kitchen
- Supply and Fit New Bathroom
- Arrange Asbestos Checks For Artex Ceiling
Throughout the project our team made suggestions and put forward improvements that would enhance the final outcome for the homeowner that would fall within the scope of works and would not affect the overall budget or result in any additional costs.
The project was managed and run by one of our 3 father and son teams, Martin and Kyle, supported by our skilled joinery team and reliable electricians.
This was not an easy project we faced and overcame many challenges including restricted space and budget.
To find out more about our specialist skills and services go to our skills page.