Client: NHBC Duration: 12 weeks Location: South Yorkshire
The overall scope of works for the major groundwork engineering project consisted of the following:
- Stabilised and re-profiled existing earth slopes using a layered geo-grid to provide a reinforced earth retaining system.
- Repaired and diverted existing surface water and foul drainage pipes.
- Reconstructed plot driveways and paths on a geo-grid stabilised sub-base.
- Reconstructed, replaced and relocated existing boundary fencing and associated landscaping works to all affected areas.
Issues to overcome:
- Busy residential cul-de-sac location with vulnerable residents and dedicated pedestrian footpaths.
- To allow for access and storage, two households had to move out of their homes for the duration of the works.
- Remote access for bulk muck shift enabling and storage works had to be sourced.
- Adaptions and repair works to live foul and surface water drainage.
- Planned works safely conducted around maintained and live utility services.
- Liaising with statutory authorities and the numerous interested parties.
- Nine sets of keen resident gardeners left happy upon completion!